No matter the size of your company, maintaining a good business relationship with your customers is essential to achieving success. But is it enough to rely only on a good customer support team when customer relationship management (CRM) systems and AI-based software are taking the business world by storm?
In the past years, many business owners in the UK have opted for automated customer support platforms that were custom-made to match their business needs. Moreover, according to recent stats, 47% of the companies that started using a CRM saw an increase in their customer retention rate.
Using a bespoke software system to manage your customer database has many benefits, so let’s just dive in and see how choosing a customised software solution for your company can help it grow.
Off-the-shelf software may seem like a quick and easy solution, but it is not always the best choice for companies looking to retain customers. This is because off-the-shelf software is designed to meet the needs of a broad range of businesses, and it may not provide the customisation necessary to truly engage with customers.
Bespoke software, on the other hand, is designed specifically to meet the unique needs of a company and its customers. This level of customisation allows businesses to provide a more personalised experience, which can lead to increased customer loyalty.
Additionally, bespoke software can be designed with customer retention strategies in mind, such as loyalty programs, personalised recommendations, and targeted marketing campaigns. This level of customisation and attention to detail simply cannot be achieved with off-the-shelf software.
Bespoke software development can improve your company’s customer service in more than one way. Here are the main benefits it brings:
In the current competitive business environment, delivering a superior customer experience relies heavily on customer personalisation. Bespoke software development offers you the opportunity to design personalised experiences that meet your customers' unique needs by utilising customer data to understand their preferences, behaviours, and buying patterns.
This allows your business to provide tailored content, recommendations, and communication, such as a bespoke e-commerce platform that offers personalised product recommendations based on customers' browsing history and previous purchases or a travel website that offers unique travel recommendations based on customers' travel history and preferences.
The result of this tailored experience is increased engagement and fidelity, leading to increased sales and revenue.
Efficiency is a crucial factor in providing a positive customer experience. Bespoke software development allows you to automate your business processes and streamline operations, making it easier for customers to interact with your sales team.
For example, a bespoke software solution can automate the checkout process on an e-commerce platform, reducing the time it takes for customers to complete a purchase.
It can also automate customer service processes, such as automated chatbots or self-service portals, making it easier for customers to find answers to their queries quickly.
If you automate processes and reduce wait times, you will enhance your business’s reputation and build customer loyalty.
The user experience is a critical factor in the success of any software application. Bespoke software development allows businesses to create software that is designed with the user in mind.
Creating custom software that understands how users behave and what they prefer can make it easier to use with intuitive interfaces, simple navigation, and quick checkout.
Depending on the industry or market, custom software can be tailored to specific needs, like a mobile app with a touch ID login and easy ordering, or software for healthcare providers that makes it simple to book appointments, access medical records, and get personalised treatment plans.
Creating a software application that is easy to use and navigate leads to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Bespoke software development allows businesses to create software that is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances. This means that businesses can modify and update their software solutions to meet changing customer needs and preferences.
For example, a bespoke software solution for a logistics company can include real-time tracking and reporting capabilities, enabling the business to respond quickly to any changes in the supply chain.
Similarly, a bespoke e-learning platform can incorporate personalised course recommendations and real-time progress tracking, allowing students to tailor their learning experience to their unique needs and preferences.
Adapting to changing circumstances helps businesses provide a better customer experience and stay ahead of the competition.
While choosing a custom CRM solution is the key to increasing customer satisfaction with your company, you should keep in mind that not all bespoke software solutions are created equally. Here are some of the main elements a bespoke software should have to help your business retain customers:
• User-friendly interface - the user interface of the software should be intuitive, user-friendly, and easy to navigate. This will ensure that customers can easily access and use the software.
• Automation - by automating repetitive tasks, such as filling out forms or providing automated responses to common customer queries, the platform can help reduce the time and effort required by customers to complete tasks.
• Integration - bespoke software should integrate seamlessly with other systems and technologies that your business uses to streamline processes and improve the overall customer experience.
• Data security - data security is of utmost importance to customers, and bespoke software should be designed with this in mind. The software should include robust security features to protect sensitive customer data and prevent data breaches.
• Scalability - as your business grows, your software should be able to grow with it. Bespoke software should be designed to be scalable, so it can easily adapt to changes in your business and accommodate increased customer demand.
• Analytical capabilities - custom software should include analytical features that allow you to track customer behaviour, preferences, and trends. This data can be used to make informed decisions about product development, marketing campaigns, and customer retention strategies.
• Flexibility - lastly, bespoke software should be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs of your business and customers. This can include adding new features, integrating with new technologies, or modifying existing functionality to meet new requirements.
Bespoke software development can greatly enhance customer experience and retention for your business. With personalised solutions, improved efficiency, and a better user experience, it provides a platform for your company to engage with customers and establish loyalty.
At CodePixi, we specialise in developing tailored software solutions that meet your unique business requirements. Contact our bespoke software development team in London today to learn how we can assist in growing your business.